Summary of Changes:
- The definition of “Dive Roll” has changed to allow a momentary airborne position. True “Dive Rolls”, where the
hips are at or above the waist while airborne, are still prohibited.
- A participant in a plaster cast or a walking boot may not be involved in tumbling or jumps as well as other previously listed skills.
- A top person in a stunt or pyramid may not release a hard sign directly to the ground. It must be handed to someone on the ground or come down with the top person, with existing restrictions like not cradling with hard props. Bases are not allowed to hold hard signs.
- Extended triple based straddle sits no longer require an additional spotter.
- In transitions from vertical to horizontal positions, the requirement that the new catchers were to the front or side of the person moving the top person has been removed.
- Braced flips may use one or two bracers. If only one bracer is used, each of the top person and bracer’s hands/arms need to be connected. This will allow prep level Bajas and Side Somis. All of the other requirements for a braced flip remain in place.
- Inversions may release to non‐inverted extended level stunts.
- In prep level inversions, the required contact between the top and base(s) may be maintained by either the top or the base(s).
- All braced connection wording was updated to clarify that the connection can be maintained by either the
bracer or the released top person.
- A top person may perform a forward roll with props from a prone position below prep level.
- The rules regarding Switch Libs have been adjusted to allow landing on one or both feet, with the term being changed to “Switch Up”.
- Participants may not move over or be under partner stunts or pyramids except when helping build, stabilize or dismount that partner stunt or pyramid.
- 7-17-19: Modified C-6 to not allow bases to hold props made of hard material or that have sharp corners or edges.
- 8-29-19: Updated E-7 to clarify that in all braced releases, the top person may not land in an inverted position.