USA Cheer Safety
Safety is paramount to the protection of athletes and a vital part of the mission of USA Cheer. Take the iCheerSafe Pledge today to commit to cheerleading safety.
- High School and Junior High/Middle School Rules: USA Cheer and the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) have reached an agreement to publish one set of rules for high school cheerleading the 2020-21 season under the NFHS Rule Book. Junior High/Middle Schools still follow all of the high school rules, with the additional restriction on basket/elevator tosses. (read more here…)
- College Rules: The 2020-21 College Rules will be released by May 1.
- The new High School Cheerleading Rules Course will be available before the summer! Cheerleading coaches and rules interpreters will be able to complete a comprehensive online rules course with video examples that covers the entire set of rules, or a course that is specific to the new changes for the current season. The rules courses will come with an option to purchase the NFHS rule book as well. This will greatly increase the educational opportunities for new and veteran coaches. The rules interpreters’ course and rule interpretation videos will help provide a standard training for officials across the country.
Rules provide a framework for safety and vary by discipline. Some of these rules are provided by USA Cheer, while others are provided by our partner organizations that oversee them.
The USA Cheer Cheerleading Safety and Risk Management Course is available online at the following sites:
- USA Cheer Member Education NEW!
- NFHS Learning Center
- To find and download your current certificate, visit our “Coach Search“.
USA Cheer has also launched a comprehensive new rules course for high school cheer that covers the rules for NFHS rules.
- High School Rules for Coaches
- High School Rules for Interpreters/Rules Officials (2020-21 course coming soon)