USA Cheer Safety
Safety is paramount to the protection of athletes and a vital part of the mission of USA Cheer.
Rules provide a framework for safety and vary by discipline. Some of these rules are provided by USA Cheer, while others are provided by our partner organizations that oversee them.
- 2019-20 Middle School, Jr High, and High School Cheer Rules (updated 7/18/19)
- 2019-20 College Cheerleading Rules
- All Star
- Youth/ Rec (Coming soon!)
The USA Cheer Cheerleading Safety and Risk Management Course is available online at the following sites:
- USA Cheer Member Education NEW!
- NFHS Learning Center
- To find and download your current certificate, visit our “Coach Search“.
USA Cheer has also launched a comprehensive new rules course for high school cheer that covers the rules for NFHS and USA Cheer/AACCA rules.
CheerSafe is a safety awareness campaign and resource site founded by USA Cheer and supported by the NFHS, NCAA, USASF and other organizations. Visit CheerSafe.org for safety programs, resources, injury data and more.
Guidelines for the Medical Management of Concussions are available now! Click here.