Loomis, Calif., May 2019 – USA Cheer, the governing body for cheer in the US, is pleased to announce that each of the US National Teams took home a medal from the International Cheer Union (ICU) World Cheerleading Championships on April 24 – 26.
Teams from more than 70 countries competed in the prestigious event, which took place at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida. In all, the US teams won medals in 18 divisions, including 12 world championship titles. The ICU World Cheerleading Championships were live streamed on cheerunion.org and the Olympic Channel website.
The US National Teams have a history of ICU World Cheerleading Championship titles, earning 83 medals over 11 years of the event. This year’s champions are:
Gold Medal Winners
- US National Coed Premier Team
- US National Junior Coed Elite Team
- US National Jazz Team
- US National Junior Hip Hop Team
- US National Adaptive Abilities Unified Median Team
- US National Special Abilities Traditional Team
- US National Special Abilities Unified Team
- US National Special Olympics Unified Team
- US National Special Olympics Traditional Team
- US National Special Olympics Traditional Pom Team
- US National Special Olympics Unified Pom Team
- US National Special Olympics Unified Hip Hop Team
Silver Medal Winners
- US National All Girl Premier Team
- US National Pom Team
- US National Hip Hop Team
- US National Junior Pom Team
Bronze Medal Winners
- US National Junior All Girl Elite Team
- US National Adaptive Abilities Unified Advanced Team
Athletes from more than 70 participating countries showcased the growth of cheer internationally, with athletes, coaches and fans traveling from countries such as Australia, Japan, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, South Africa, England, Jamaica, and more.
About USA Cheer
The USA Federation for Sport Cheering is a not-for-profit organization and is the national governing body for all disciplines of cheerleading. USA Cheer exists to serve the entire cheer community, including club cheering (All Star), traditional school based cheer programs and the new sport of STUNT. USA Cheer has three primary objectives: help grow and develop interest and participation in Cheer throughout the United States; promote safety and safety education for cheer in the United States; and represent the United States of America in international cheer competitions.